How to choose the right GPS Tracker
What is a GPS Tracker?
A GPS Tracker is a Global Positioning System Tracking device. It is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.
What is the difference between Passive & Active Tracking?
Passive GPS is a GPS device that is placed on a vehicle then retrieved after a period of time. Once it has been retrieved it can be plugged into a computer to show where the device has been since you placed it on the vehicle. This is an after the fact unit. It is used to check up on someone to see where they have been.
Active GPS is a real time GPS tracker. These devices allow you to track the vehicle in real time while the device is still on the car. These devices can be wired directly into the car so it is always powered while the car is turned on. They also have battery operated units that can be recharged and can be moved from car to car. Real time trackers also have the ability to show past history of where the vehicle has been as well as where it is currently. These are great for fleet vehicles, personal vehicles you own or other service vehicles. Active trackers do have a monthly fee associated with them no different from having a cell phone subscription plan.
What Can You Do With a GPS Tracker?
- Use GPS to instantly locate anything that matters to you. Get the instant answers and peace of mind you need — all in real time.
- Track your family members, your nanny, your valuables or any car in seconds. And get real-time location information via text or email to any computer or smartphone.
- Know when your 5th-grader leaves his school — and when he gets home — automatically and in real time. “Geofence” alerts instantly notify you via text or email when a person, vehicle or object enters or leaves any area you select.
- Get the locations of a single car—or an entire fleet of vehicles. Find out in seconds where a car or truck is right now, where it’s been and where it’s headed.
- Worried that your teen is driving too fast? Get an instant message when his/her car exceeds a speed limit you’ve selected in advance.
- Track any object that has personal or professional value to you, from works of art to jewelry to business inventory of all kinds. Any “asset” you need to monitor can be instantly tracked with GPS. Get text or email alerts when an object moves — and follow its path wherever it goes via Spy Centre Security’s powerful GPS monitoring platform.
- Get real-time and historical location information anywhere you have Internet access — including any computer, tablet or mobile device.